In this Quality training learn the best practices for virtual communication, issue escalation and corrective action for virtual teams by knowing the usage of problem solving tools and increase the productivity.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- Examine the virtual environment defining what sectors are impacted, and the types of communication and technology to use.
- Illustrate how online auditing is accomplished using collaborative programs for synchronous communication and centralization programs for asynchronous communication.
- Define how to apply 5.5.3 Internal Communication, 8.3 Control of non-conforming product, and 8.5 Continual Improvement and Corrective Action to virtual team environments.
- Discover how Impact Analysis Problem-Solving addresses issues that impact geographically and with culturally diverse remote team members.
- Learn how to develop a First Response Problem-Solving methodology remote members use to identify process variations or gaps and determine how to respond to out of control situations.
- Discuss how the four step G.R.O.W. Problem-Solving tool can be leveraged to organize synchronous meetings while resolving continual improvement projects.
Who Will Benefit:
This webinar will provide new communication skills and tools to remote team members and quality system auditors who are working remotely.
- Remote team members working in global supply chains
- Quality Managers and personnel responsible for ISO Quality Systems and Quality Systems Auditing
- Quality system auditors
- ISO 9001 Internal Auditors and Consultants
- Company ownership and top management that drives the ISO 9001 requirement
- ISO 9001 Consultants
- VP/Director of Supply Chain & Materials Management
- Senior management
- Quality / Operations VPs / Directors
- Regulatory Affairs