GLOBAL MARKET FOR BIOMARKERS TO BE WORTH $33.3 BILLION IN 2015
According to a new technical market research report, the value of the global market for biomarkers was nearly $13.5 billion in 2010, but is expected to increase to nearly $33.3 billion in 2015, for a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 19.8%. The largest segment of the market, genomics, is projected to increase at a CAGR of 26.9% to nearly $17 billion in 2015, after being valued at an estimated $5.1 billion in 2010. The second-largest segment, imaging, is estimated at $4.2 billion in 2010, but is expected to increase at a CAGR of 14.8% to $8.4 billion in 2015. The proteomics segment will increase in value from $1.8 billion in 2010 to nearly $3.5 billion in 2015, for a CAGR of 13.5%. The bioinformatics segment will increase at a CAGR of 19.3%, rising from $1.1 billion in 2010 to $2.6 billion in 2015.
The biomarkers market presents the largest of all opportunities in representative disease subsegments. This study investigates one of the most important market drivers: The introduction of combination therapies, which are expected to continue to contribute substantially to market growth through the forecast period. Applications for biomarkers are wide-ranging, and will have a pivotal impact in medicine. Targeted therapies, improved patient selection for clinical trial criteria, early drug rationalization, and proactively identifying adverse events for patients are some of the leading applications for biomarkers currently and through the forecast period.
Biomarker professionals will gather together to answer the all-important question- how can we get biomarkers to add value? How do you develop new medicines, which demonstrate real value through predictable outcomes in targeted patient groups? The event is a one day strategic conference tackling these questions and providing participants with a thorough review of the use of biomarkers, their effectiveness and their potential to transform R & D.
It gives us immense pleasure in welcoming you to “Biomarkers 2012 - Successful Strategies & Developments in Biomarkers”.
KEY THEMES DISCUSSED AT THIS CONFERENCE:-
• Biomarker Discovery & Validation - Government policies & strategies
• Companion Diagnostics & Personalized Medicine
• Safety & Biomarkers in Clinical Development
• Enabling Technologies to Maximise Biomarker Identification
• Discuss how biomarkers can accelerate your clinical development
• Design strategies for success in early phase trials
• Showing clinical utility of biomarkers to improve diagnosis & make informed decision making
• See how improvements in technologies are leading to better efficiency of biomarkers
• Analyze biomarkers and their role in drug development
• Development and Application of Clinical Safety Biomarkers with a focus on imaging biomarkers
• Assess preclinical safety considerations
• Identifying current developments in Biomarkers & ways to overcome threats
• Discovering successful business models - Opportunities & Challenges
• Emerging stratified medicine via successful partnerships
• Network in our combined exhibition and catering area
• Evening networking reception for all attendees
WHO WILL YOU MEET:-
Senior attendees from leading pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, diagnostics, academics, government, CRO and solution provider companies will be attending. Meet Senior VPs, Directors, and Managers with the following job titles:
Clinical Pharmacology Statistical Biomarkers
Clinical Discovery Metabolomics
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND:-
“Biomarkers 2012 - Successful Strategies & Developments in Biomarkers”
Get more from the event, with a broader scope bringing the whole communications value chain together. Enjoy and make the best out of our dedicated networking drinks time, meet the leading companies showcasing the products of tomorrow in the co-located exhibition. Expand your knowledge of the latest business models and strategies in the high-level conference.
08:30 – Coffee and registration
09:30 – Morning Chair’s opening remarks
09:40 – Morning Keynote Address 1: Establishing effective Biomarker Discovery & Validation Strategies
• Why invest in biomarkers in early development
• Integration of biomarkers in early drug development
• Determining storage strategies in clinical trials
• How biomarkers fit in the current outsourcing climate
• Pharmacoeconomics of biomarkers
10:20 – Morning Keynote Address 2: Clinical Pharmacogenomics During Early Drug Development
• Historical overview
• Reviewing preclinical data
• Planning early clinical trials
• Questions to address during early clinical development
10:50 – Morning Keynote Panel Discussion: Challenges and Opportunities
• Bringing biomarkers to culmination: are we realising its prospects?
• Issues in Rx-Dx clinical development and approval: can the 2 process be aligned?
• Challenges and Opportunities for biomarker enterprises: can they have RoI?
• Imaging as a powerful biomarker in drug development
• Scientific & operational challenges & successes in biomarker development & utilisation
• The clinical adoption gap: narrowing or widening?
market research report
Find More: email@example.com