Date(s) And Time(s):
Aug 23 2011 8:30AM - Aug 24 2011 2:00PM
Drug Information Association, Inc.
800 Enterprise Rd Ste 200,
Horsham, PA 19044-3509
This highly interactive course will teach you how to identify and consider the implications of managing performance metrics in your company. It will provide case studies, simulation exercises, shared experiences, and lessons learned from others who have worked with performance metrics in their organizations. Tools and reference lists will be provided.
What You Will Learn:
· How to develop viable portfolio, strategy, and drug value processes
· How to develop and use performance metrics for pharmaceutical development projects and for portfolios of development projects
· Why performance metrics are needed and the value they bring to the decision-making process at a project and portfolio level
· How performance metrics contribute to improved business processes
· Metrics available for measuring project and portfolio performance
· Steps and challenges involved in the various stages of conducting and managing metrics
· How corporate and divisional goal setting at a project and individual level can be integrated into the metrics process
At the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
· Define how corporate strategy is delivered through the portfolio of new and lifecycle drug projects; and correlate corporate strategy to portfolio and project strategies
· Discuss in general terms some performance metrics that might be valuable to measure for either projects or a portfolio of projects
· Explain the importance of managing the process of conducting metrics, communicating and implementing recommendations resulting from metrics information
· Support portfolio, strategy, and metrics/measurement processess effectively with sufficient knowledge to contribute to ongoing process improvement initiatives for these three processes.
· Project Managers
· New Portfolio Managers and Performance Managers
· Project Team Leaders
· Project Support Office Managers and Staff
For detailed program information including faculty and topics, please contact: