This webinar will provide information on the role of social media in food and drugs companies along with how these companies can comply with FDA and FTC requirements. The session will also discuss the FDA audit readiness and compliance frameworks.
For highly regulated food and drug businesses, social media presents some unique challenges, particularly with respect to requirements of the Food and Drug Administration and the Federal Trade Commission. With regulatory authorities taking a strong and active interest in social media, it is important for companies to ensure that their uses of social media comply with government requirements. This 60 minute session will provide guidance for food and drug companies that leverage social media comply with FDA and FTC requirements. At the end of this webinar, the speaker will handle your specific questions related to the topic. This webinar will cover the following topics:
- Social Media facts and trends.
- Use of Social Media by food & drug companies.
- FDA interest in Social Media.
- Agency use of Social Media
- Applicable statutes and regulations
- Applicable FDA guidance’s
- FTC interest in Social Media.
- Enforcement and policy
- Framework to address compliance.
- Basic advertising standards
- Strategies to manage Social Media content
- Adverse Event reporting compliance
- Audit Readiness / documentation.
Who Will Benefit:
- Regulatory affairs
- Human Safety
- Safety Surveillance
- Internal Auditors
- Quality Assurance
- Risk Management