Recent blockbuster success has accelerated interest and investment in the orphan drug market and many companies are now keen to capitalise on this potential. However, commercial realisation of orphan drugs is not straight forward, and significant challenges exist within the development process and in the market.
The World Orphan Drug Summit brings together the thought leaders from pharma and biotechs to challenges in tackle route to market, pricing and reimbursement, and development of rare disease treatments. It’s focus is on addressing challenges facing orphan drug stakeholders in depth and provide real, practical solutions to companies operating in the space.
This meeting has been put together with support from many of the main players in the orphan drug field, including GlaxoSmithKline, Genzyme and Sanofi-Aventis. The World Orphan Drug Summit will tackle challenges that are currently slowing development, market authorisation and patient access to treatment. We will focus on delivering in depth discussion and practical solutions to provide you with the strategies to grow your orphan drug business.
What’s covered on the agenda?
• Examine newest trends in reimbursement, including clinical added value and demonstrating efficacy
• Learn how to build patient registries and how they aid clinical development
• Discuss challenges to improve market access across the European Union
• Understand the regulatory environment surrounding orphan drugs
• Explore the importance of putting patients at the heart of drug development
• Come together with experts from industry, regulators, reimbursement bodies and patient groups to discuss the challenges surrounding pricing of orphan drugs
Why should you attend?
• To gain exclusive insight into already successful strategies for orphan drug development and commercialisation
• To address the challenges of orphan drug development in in-depth sessions
• To discuss and evaluate different approaches to improving patient access to orphan drugs
• To engage in the ongoing debate on pricing
• To understand how putting patients at the heart of your drug development process will help to drive progress
For more information or to register simply:
Call: +44 (0) 20 3141 8700